Trust this finds all of you and your loved ones well.
Newsflash – Take 1 !!!:
Thanks to the initiative of Mr. James Meighan – Treasurer VACD Australia, we are now live on the Goodcompany donation and fundraising platform. Control + Click on the following link: https://www.goodcompany.com.au/
The Goodcompany platform:
The Goodcompany platform provides VACD with the opportunity to raise funds for our programs and projects that are tax efficient for the donor. The donor can decide to support a given program or project by making a pre-tax salary sacrifice arrangement with his/her employer that could be further enhanced if the employer has a workplace giving/ matching grant policy. Or you could use the receipt issued by the Goodcompany for tax purposes.
We have listed the following programs/projects on the platform under Directed Funds /Gifts option:
- Help us Feed a child with disabilities;
- Help a child with disabilities to learn;
- Help maintain a centre for children with disabilities;
- Help a family of a child with disabilities;
- Help us furnish and equip a new centre for children with disabilities;
- Help us to organise workshops to train parents in homebased rehabilitation;
- Help us to employ a special education teacher;
- Help us to purchase exercise equipment for our disabled children;
How to donate towards the above programs/projects:
- Control + Click on the following link: https://www.goodcompany.com.au/charity/Volunteers-to-Assist-Children-with-Disabilities
- Click on the donate tab for the specific program of your choice;
- Complete your personal details and register yourself as a donor;
- Make your donation;
- Note: The registration process is designed to comply with privacy and governance laws and ensure that donations are recorded and kept in a secure environment.
How to donate towards the fundraising program to open more VACD centres:
- Control + Click on the following link: https://www.goodcompany.com.au/fundraising/Please-help-us-open-new-VACD-centres-to-reach-out-
- Click the “Donate” bar at the bottom of the page;
- Complete the registration process;
- Make your donation;
- Note: The registration process is designed to comply with privacy and governance laws and ensure that donations are recorded and kept in a secure environment
Newsflash – Take 2 !!!:
We are delighted that Dr. Gopi Kitnasamy BSc MCSP(UK) MIMDTP(UK), Chartered Physiotherapist, Certified Paediatric Bobath Therapist, a world-renowned authority on homebased rehabilitation for children with disabilities and Founder/Chairman of Cerebral Palsy Lanka Foundation has joined hands with VACD as a collaborative partner.
Dr. Gopi and his team conducted a wheelchair camp for our VACD children in Bandarawela in July 2017, examined disabled children, guided parents on feeding, sleeping techniques etc. and donated wheelchairs to eligible children.
Home Based Rehabilitation Training:
This program trains and empowers parents to effectively meet special needs of their children, play a more proactive role in the child’s welfare and in handling societal pressures. After an initial assessment of the child an intervention plan is designed in collaboration with the family.
Home-based rehabilitation caters to children who are not able to access rehabilitation services like special education, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, vision therapy or communication therapy on a regular basis.
The program starts with the formation of parent to parent support groups, training the parents/carers in their groups according to the special needs of their children and discussing the home-based therapy. This will be followed by regular home visits to help the extended family participate in the progress of the child.
The services VACD provides to our children and their parents:
Training: Life skills, basic education, music and dance, computer literacy, vocational, physical education and social recreation.
Support: Provision of nutritious meals for children who attend the centre, medical assistance, education assistance, family support assistance;
Parents: Training in vocations, cottage industry skills, leadership, advocacy, microfinance, homebased therapy and early detection;
Other: Conducting workshops, seminars and camps for parents and carers. Equipping and liaising with paediatric clinics in hospitals. Launching regular media campaigns to make the immediate and broader community aware of the plight of children with disabilities and their families. Generating support and assistance from the local communities, corporates, government and non- government authorities for our mission.
Please share this newsletter with your family, friends, loved ones and colleagues so that together we can make a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and our humanitarian mission a success.
Our sincere thanks to all of you for your continued invaluable support, guidance and assistance and for being part of this incredible, challenging and immensely rewarding journey. Shall stay in close touch. Best wishes and warm regards…. Yasmin
Administration & Communications Secretary
Volunteers to Assist Children with Disabilities Limited, Australia
& Member of the Advisory Board VACD USA