Privacy & Refund Policies
Last Updated: November 2020
We respect your privacy. VACD Ltd. and our program or affiliated entities (collectively we, us, our) collect and treat your personal information with the respect and confidentiality it deserves.
1.1.2 Important Definitions:
“Personal information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
“Affiliated Entity” means charities that function under VACD Ltd. registration and who are subject to regular supervision and scrutiny by the VACD Ltd. leadership and who operate as an affiliated charity in an Australian State or Territory, Sri Lanka, USA or any other country or jurisdiction and licensed to use the VACD Ltd. name and trademarks and other intellectual property.
“Program Entities” mean independent entities established to fundraise or provide services to VACD Ltd., affiliated entities or program entities which are licensed to use the VACD Ltd. name and trademarks and other intellectual property.
1.1.3 What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Postal, residential or office address;
- Company name and job title;
- Email address;
- Telephone or fax number;
- Health information about a child or adult who is receiving services from VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity;
- Information about donations you have made to us;
- Information about the goods or services you have ordered/delivered for VACD Ltd., its affiliated entities or program partners;
- Credit card information
1.1.4 How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; when you make donations towards VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity or when you make outright gifts to VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity and/or when we provide our services or receive services from to you.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purpose of collection, such as to provide our services and meet our stated objectives and obligations as intended by you or even to process your donation.
Where practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you. If we receive information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection.
We will only collect sensitive information (such as information about your health) with your or your parent’s/ guardian’s consent.
1.1.5 Why We Collect your Personal Information
- to provide services to children with disabilities, a community or group of persons;
- to accept and process donations from you;
- to obtain products or services from our suppliers to facilitate the aims and objectives of our charity;
- to respond to enquiries from you and to send you information about what we do;
- to process and assess membership of applications to be part of VACD Ltd.;
- to undertake research and surveys and analyse statistical information.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except as follows:
- as authorised or required by law;
- VACD Ltd. and other affiliated or program entities may exchange your personal information between them;
- to universities or other research bodies for research purposes but only in a de-identified format;
- to our affiliates and program partners in the future;
- to our sponsors, project partners and service providers who assist us in the provision of our services to beneficiaries of our charity including for example email service providers;
- to the relevant hospital for emergency contact purposes;
- where the assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern;
- you have provided your consent to disclose this information.
In the conduct of our business, we may transfer personal information to our affiliates, program partners or service providers outside of Australia, including Sri Lanka and the USA. The privacy laws of those countries may not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of the country from which the personal information was collected. However, this does not change our commitments to safeguarding your privacy and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to the cross-border data disclosure.
1.1.6 Direct Marketing
We may, from time to time, send you marketing material. We only do so in accordance with applicable laws or with your prior consent. If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us at email@example.com and request that you are removed from our mailing lists, or if available, use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications.
1.1.7 Security of your Personal Information:
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, up to date and complete, and to protect it from misuse, interference and loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
1.1.8 Access to your Personal Information:
You can access and update your personal information by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If at any time you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at email@example.com and we will amend your record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
1.1.9 Complaints Handling
If you have any complaints or questions about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint. If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time of receiving it in writing or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) under the Privacy Act 1988. More information can be found on the OAIC website: www.oaic.gov.au
1.1.10 Changes to this Policy
When you visit our website above we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately prior, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site so we can improve our service.
Third Party Sites: Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you visiting those sites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website we recommend that you examine the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these sites. We are not responsible for any practices on linked websites that might breach your privacy.
1.1.12 How to Contact Us
1.2 Refund Policy
Last Updated: November 2020
All donations made via our website are irrevocable charitable gifts and are not contingent on, for example, the successful completion of a project, program, sponsored event or activity sponsored, planned or undertaken by VACD ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity.
The only circumstance/s in which refunds will be considered and made is/are where:
- If you become aware of the fraudulent use of your card, and/or if it is lost or stolen and the unauthorised use of your payment card can be proved;
- In the case of a lost or stolen card, you should have notified your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and provide us with confirmation of this lodgement;
- An error has been made by VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or program entity in debiting your account or charging your credit card or otherwise ;
- It can be proved that a donor’s banking details were fraudulently obtained and used;
- VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity had received donor’s credit card or banking details by error;
- A donor has previously requested that regular bank debits/credit card payments be cancelled, however the debits/credit card payments have continued;
- Refund on grounds of financial hardship – however, this will be limited to the maximum of the last debit/payment amount and on reasonable and compassionate grounds.
Any request for a refund of contributions already donated by a donor will be considered and determined on a case by case basis. However, if you have made an error while making your donation or change your mind about contributing towards VACD, an affiliated entity or program entity, you must immediately get in touch with us via phone and email and advise us of the circumstances under which you wish to withdraw or change your donation.
Once all the refund criteria have been satisfied and upon the decision to refund monies been taken, the refund will be effected within 15 working days (or earlier) to that same credit card or the bank account originally debited/charged.
1.2.2 How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about the VACD Ltd. Refund Policy or wish to lodge a request for a refund for reasons outlined above, please contact us as per below:
1.3 Acknowledgement, Acceptance & Agreement
Upon being admitted to the VACD Ltd. Board, Administration, Fellow or as a volunteer, this document will be given to such a person either in a hard copy or soft copy format and it will be deemed to have been read, understood and agreed upon when this person attends the first general, regular, ad hoc or annual general meeting called by the VACD Ltd. Company Secretary.